We hope the following information helps you in the care of your purchase.
- DO NOT LEAVE YOUR SURFBOARD IN A HOT CAR - Your board's blank (inside foam) can shrink & warp so it's not a good idea.
- Try to avoid leaving your surfboard in direct sunlight for extended periods of time. Your board can yellow prematurely from the UV light.
- We highly recommend covers to protect your board. They give great protection while travelling & help protect against unforeseen accidents.
- Repair your board straight away once damaged. Especially important for Epoxy Surfboards as they absorb water much quicker than a traditional PU (Polyester resin) surfboard. Before repairing your Epoxy & PU surfboard make sure the area is dry.
- USE the correct resin for your surfboard repairs. Epoxy resin on epoxy boards & polyester resin on traditional fibreglass surfboards. (Polyester resin will eat away EPS foam used in epoxy surfboards).
- Rinse in fresh cool water after each use.
- Avoid drying your suit in direct sunlight. Exposure to UV light for extended periods of time will prematurely age your suit & it's flexibility.
- If you have difficulty getting your suit on, put a plastic bag over your foot & this will allow your leg to slide on through much easier & takes stress off the suits seams.
- Avoid leaving in direct sunlight for extended periods of time. Your deck may delaminate.
- Avoid leaving your board in a hot car. Again, your board may delaminate.
- Repair any joins or delaminations straight away to avoid further problems.
- Manufacturers recommend storing your bodyboard flat or standing it nose down.
- Don't ride your board in the rain. This can cause delamination of the deck & wreck your bearings.
- For bearing care, use a light oil such as sewing machine lubricant.
- Avoid leaving your board outside exposed to the weather.
Most skateboards are not guaranteed against breakage. If you do however snap a deck within 2 weeks of purchase, bring in your receipt & we will be happy to give you a 30% discount off your next deck.
- Before you ride, make sure you check your equipment. There is nothing worse than going into that big jump & find that your binding is all loose.
- Regularly wax your board. Your snowboard base loves it & you will go faster and smoother.
- Regularly give your edges a quick tune. If you snowboard the icey Nth Island you will appreciate the added hold a good edge gives.
- We highly recommend snowboard covers to protect your board. They give great protection while traveling & help protect against unforeseen accidents.